Rules will be listed as proposed for the year of 2015. Each rule will be listed by the name of director or member proposing a new rule, or amendment/revision to an existing rule. Rules will be reviewed throughout the year with the BOD voting in November. Exceptions will be any rule the BOD deems neccesary to implement immediately in the best interest of CPRA.
After the November BOD meeting each rule will be listed as passed or failed. Members are encouraged to contact their event director with any input or proposals.
Rule proposals will be listed below as received. Proposals must be presented no later than August 1, 2014. The exception will be a rule deemed detrimental to CPRA. Please check back often.
Proposed by BOD
* April 2, 2014: CPRA approved jackpot contestants in the Breakaway & Tie-Down roping can enter only one time.
Proposed by Cedric Martin & Cassy Siros
* May 7, 2014: Stock Contractor Rule 3, pg. 8
It is the stock contractor's responsibility to make certain that all bullfighters, pickup men, timekeepers,
secretaries and judges have a current CPRA card for each rodeo.
will result in a fine of $70.00 for each person(s), each occurence and each rodeo. Fines will not be
applied to the person(s) membership.
Proposed by Beverly Weekly
* August 6, 2014: Rodeo Secretaries Requirements and Duties Rule 19, pg. 16
Secretaries will be allowed to withhold
Add: Secretaries are to deduct $5.00 from the rodeo recap for mailing rodeo packets to the
Proposed by Sunny Broesche
* August 19, 2014: Only contractors that have had a CPRA 1st approved rodeo within the previous two years
may vote for stock contractor director.
Proposed by Johnny Hoyle
The following proposals were received after the BOD recommended deadline. However, these rules may be
presented under BOD guidlines as deemed detrmental to CPRA:
* Barrel Racing rule 12, pg. 31. (Add underlined) Barrel Racer must cross the start line with hat on head or will
receive a no time.
Proposed by Joey Jobe
* Add to Barrel Racing: Contestant must be mounted when she enters the arena. There is to be only one horse in
the arena at a time during the barrel race, without exception. If the pattern is not centered to the gate, member
shall be allowed to set up her run as necessary, without circling. (if you circle there is a $100 fine). A spin or
pivot is aceptable if the pattern is not centered to the gate.
Proposed by Doug Staton